Thursday, August 2, 2007

Getting it awwwn

A new survey caught my eye today. The gist of it is that smart people are far more likely to be virgins. Specifically, "[e]ach additional point of IQ increased the odds of virginity by 2.7% for males and 1.7% for females." I must have been really smart in college. Things have improved in that department since I moved west, probably because I am surround by more smart people here in Seattle than I was when I lived in Manayunk, although my one unfortunate dalliance with the ladies occurred while I was at Penn.

Even more interesting was the graph showing virginity my academic major. 0% of the art majors were virgin -- no surprise there. I wasn't sure what category sociology majors fell into. Anthropology is kind of similar, and is one of the more promiscuous majors. It's also similar to psychology, which has a majority-virgin population.

The study also said that Princeton was the most virginal of all the Ivy League schools. Again, this is not much of a surprise to anyone who has ever known anyone from Princeton. Oh, heck no.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, those P-ton nerds only know one way to get some, you take it.